Sunday, March 22, 2015

Easter Egg Sticky Wall

I have been mildly obsessed with sticky walls since I saw them popping up on Pinterest.
If you have yet to see them, you can check some examples out over at Toddler Approved, Learn with Play at Home, and Teach Preschool.

The concept is pretty simple (but genius!), you tape a piece of clear contact paper to a wall, window, or easel with the sticky side out.  Then you invite the kiddo's to add paper, craft supplies, or manipulatives to the sticky paper.  Simple!

For our very first sticky wall, I used my paper cutter to cut some scrap card stock into rectangles and a large hole puncher to cut out some circles.  I also cut an egg shape "stencil" out of a piece of white card stock.  If you plan to use this in a classroom with multiple kids, you may want to laminate your shapes.  Ours did get bent and crumpled after a couple of days use.

My little guy was so intrigued by the sticky wall!  First, he picked out all the circles and stuck them in the center of the egg stencil.
 

After that, he took them all out of the egg and lined them up at the top of the contact paper and added in some rectangles.

I made an effort to name each shape he added to the wall (circle, rectangle) and tried to use the term sticky every time he touched the paper.

This activity kept him occupied for over 15 minutes and he has gone back to his sticky wall every day since!  I can't wait to try more activities on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment