Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween Sparkly Sensory Bottle

I love the sensory bottles that are floating all over Pinterest and I've been meaning to make some for a while now.  I've actually been hoarding Voss water bottles (because they're so cute AND the bottle tops aren't a choking hazard).


I dug out my Halloween/Fall theme bin and found these little sparkly orange Styrofoam balls that I bought to use in Sensory bins.  First I tried filling the whole bottle with just the balls, that entertained my little guy for about 2 seconds.  FAIL!

I emptied out half of the balls and added water to the bottle.  I was a little nervous that all the glitter would come off, and some did,  but I think it added some fun to the bottle.  I actually wish I had MORE glitter to add to the bottle!


The Styrofoam balls floated in the water, so I tried to use the word float, as we explored the bottle.  This would be great to use with Pre-K kiddo's to explain the concepts of float and sink.

I showed Little Guy how to shake up the bottle to make the balls float around the tube.  He LOVED it!  He spent a while shaking up the tube, turning it over and over, and watching the balls (and glitter) float around the tube.


We had so much fun, I can't wait to make another bottle soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment