Saturday, September 20, 2014

Edible Apple Sensory Play & Taste Test

During breakfast this week, I set up a little sensory experience and apple taste test for my Little Guy.  I used Gerber Apple Oatmeal & Strawberry Apple Puffs, Mott's Natural Applesauce & Apple Juice, and apple pieces.

Little Guy loved feeling the different textures of the applesauce and oatmeal (I made it on the thick side so it would feel different).  He worked his fine motor skills by squishing the different materials and using his fingers to grab and scoop the food into his mouth.  He also tried using the spoon to scoop some food into his mouth!

After a few minutes of letting him explore some of the different textures, I added a whole apple into the mix.
Little Guy began his apple exploration by smearing the oatmeal and apple sauce on the apple.  He quickly figured out that the apple would fit into the bowls and had to use trial-and-error to get it out.  Sometimes he was able to pick it up but other times he couldn't get a good grasp and had to dump it out.  While he ate and explored the different materials, I really concentrated on using the vocabulary words "apple", "in", and "out".

We both had such a fun time with this sensory experience and I can't wait to try more with him!

For more Apple Play ideas, check out my Apple Theme Board on Pinterest!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, what fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete