Thursday, May 30, 2013

Moving Up Day Gifts

I know this post is coming late for many of you, but around here school is in session for 2 - 3 more weeks!
 
If you're preparing for your Moving Up day ceremony, or just want to send your kiddo's off with something cute, check out the End of the Year gifts that I made for my class last year.  Our theme was "Shining Stars" so everything we used for our Moving Up Day ceremony was orange and yellow.
I loved having the bags to contain all the little surprises (and end of the year papers) so I was sure the kiddo's took EVERYTHING home!
We made the bags by painting the students hands, they picked orange or yellow, and then I let them go to town with matching orange and yellow/gold glitter.
 
Inside the bags are:
Moving Up Day Certificates
 
"Here I Come" Poem from Little Miss Kindergarten ~ The kids painted the border with water colors and we added their hand prints
 
On the back of the poem, I added pictures of each child from throughout the year and decorated it with stickers.  I made sure to laminate them for a keepsake for the families.
 
Coloring Book / Crayons / Bubbles / Etc.
 
CD of End of the Year Slide show
(We show the slide show at the ceremony and then tell the parents it's in the bag for each of them.  They always LOVE this!)
 
Any other little papers, name tags, etc. that are left in the room.
-------------------------------
Once the bags were packed up, I tied each one with a polka dot ribbon and a little copy of the sweetest moving up day poem, found here. 
 
I love the way these turned out, and they looked so cute sitting all together on a table during our ceremony.
 
If you're still looking for some more End of the Year inspiration, check out my Pinterest board HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment