Sunday, November 25, 2012

Liebster Blog Award!

I'm so excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by 3 wonderful bloggers;
Thank you so much for the nominations! :)
 
 
What is it?
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.
The Rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11 Things About Me:
 
1. I have a wonderful, supportive husband who proof reads all of my printables and cuts out everything I laminate!
2. I have a black and white tuxedo kitten named Gizmo
3. I recently went back to school to get my teaching certification in TESOL.
4. I'm obsessed with the color pink!  Hot pink, in particular.
5. I have an impressive collection of card stock and scrapbook paper.
6. I'm addicted to Starbucks Unsweetened Black Tea Lemonade
7. ... and Pinterest
8. I <3 Glee
9. I'm becoming a pro at frosting cupcakes with an icing bag and tip.
10. I always wanted to get pink highlights in my hair, but I'm to chicken.
11. I love shopping for and wrapping gifts!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
11 Questions from Fun in PreK - 1
1. What is the funniest thing a student has ever said to you? 
While I was assessing a student on rhyming, I asked her to name a word that rhymes with "can".  She replied, "Black Olives?".  I tried so hard to hold back the laughter :) 
2. What is your favorite color?   PINK
3. Favorite children's book?  "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" Eric Carle
4. Favorite places to get cute clip art/fonts?   Scrappin Doodles
5. Cats or dogs?    Cats
6. What is your favorite subject and least favorite subject to teach?
Favorite subject: Science, Least Favorite Subject - Ugh, gym
7. Favorite type of music?  Pop
8. Favorite grown-up book?  Gone With The Wind
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  Italy
10. Disneyworld or Disneyland? Disneyworld
11. Advice for a new teacher? - Be organized! :)
 
11 Questions from Teaching Munchkins
1. Where is your favorite place to travel? Any where there's a beach!
      2. What is your least favorite household chore? Vacuuming
3. What is the #1 thing on your Christmas list this year? I didn't make my list yet, LOL!
4. Do you have a favorite author? Eric Carle
5. What kind of car do you drive? Chevy Aveo
6. Do you prefer to holiday shop online or in stores? BOTH ~ I love shopping!
7. Do you have any kids?  Not yet!
8. What is your favorite clothing store? Ann Taylor Loft
9. Winter? Or Fall?  Fall
10. Any pets?  A one year old cat named Gizmo
11. What would you consider to be the perfect way to spend some “Me” time? PINTEREST!
 
11 Questiong from Kindergarten Faith
1. When did you start blogging?  September 2012
2. Why did you start blogging?  To share inspiration with all the other great bloggers :)
3. If there was one thing you could share with new teachers what would it be? Be organized
4. What is your favorite thing to do? Dance
5. What is your favorite kind of ice-cream?  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
6. Would you rather snow ski or swim in the ocean? Ew neither!
7. What is your favorite book?  Gone with the Wind
8. What is the craziest thing a student has ever told you?  That her mom was a "dancer"
9. What is something you have learned from your students? Spanish!
10. Do you have a class pet? If so, what? :0)  We have a Beta Fish named Finn
11. What do you look forward to the most about blogging? To share ideas with my fellow bloggers and get new ideas to use in my classroom!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My 11 Nominees!
2. Live, Laugh, I Love Kindergarten
3. Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten
4. Play to Learn in Kindergarten
5. Club Kindergarten
6. Kindergarten Stars
7. 2 Preschool Pals
8. Kindergarten Pals
9. "Spot" Light on Kindergarten
10. Totally Terrific Teaching
11. Learning with Mrs. Leeby

My 11 Questions for my Nominees
1. When did you start blogging?
2. How many kiddo's are in your class?
3. What is your favorite theme to teach?
4. What is your favorite teaching blog to get inspiration from?
5. Favorite color?
6. Favorite holiday?
7. Do you look forward to summer vacation?
8. If you could own any animal, what would it be?
9. If you had to choose another grade to teach, what would it be?
10. What is your favorite children's author & book?
11. What is your favorite Disney character & movie?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you again for all the nominations! :)









 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE your blog! I am obsessed with polka dots and pink!! :) I am your newest follower! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nom! I've already been nominated and posted. I appreciate it, though!

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby



    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to get to learn more about you! :) Pink is definitely my favorite color as well. You're going to have to let me know how you trained your husband to cut out lamination!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is such a busy but great time of year!! Thank you so much for nominating me...Looking forward to blog hopping with you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just answered your questions on my blog! Thanks again... http://2preschoolpals.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete