Friday, November 30, 2012

Fall Fun!

Today we incorporated a little fall fun into our lessons!
 
We took a walk outside and found a great little area with tons of leaves!  My little kiddo's LOVED running in the leaves.  We took the cutest picture, I wish I could post it!
 
I was planning on incorporating the leaves into a graph like the one I saw on Pinterest.  Unfortunately, all of the leaves were yellow!  So, I improvised and used foam leaves.  Each student pulled a leaf out of our mystery box (NO PEEKING!) and used thier classifying skills to sort the leaves.  We then used 1 - 1 correspondence to count each column of leaves.
 
Our next theme focuses on the weather and the 4 seasons so this was a perfect way to wrap up our study of the 5 senses and ease into seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment