Wednesday, October 24, 2012

S is for Spiders!

Even though our current theme is "Community Helpers", I wanted to incorporate a little bit of Halloween fun into this weeks (and next weeks!) lessons.
 
We started our "Letter of the Week" this week with the letter Ss, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to make some spooky spiders!
 
I saw these cute play-doh "Monsters" from www.theimaginationtree.com and was inspired!  Wouldn't these make cute spiders?
 
So, I geared up to make some black play-doh, my first time ever making play-doh!  Of course I had to include a little sparkle into this, I added purple glitter to the black dough!

I think my kiddo's were in shock when they opened the play-doh cups (I hoard play-doh cups!).  I had one tell me that it was "dirty" and another one asked if it was "play-doh or a skunk".
 
I gave them googly eyes and pipe cleaners and let them get to work.  Check out their super cute creations!
 
 
Stay tuned for more Spider Fun! :)
 

1 comment:

  1. These are really creepy spiders...know its so easy to make and kids will love to create one for themselves...

    ReplyDelete