Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Pumpkin Day!

Happy Halloween Pumpkin Day!
 
I brought in a "big" pumpkin for the children to explore today.  I called it "Pumpkin Exploration" and my little friends got a kick out saying such a big word!
We looked at the color and shape of the pumpkin, measured the height and width using counting cubes and links, used our muscles to lift the pumpkin to determine if it was heavy or light, and predicted and tested whether the pumpkin would sink or float.

 
After our "Pumpkin Exploration" was complete, the kid's picked a pumpkin out of our pumpkin patch!
The pumpkin patch signs can be found in my Teacher's Notebook store - HERE
 
We took turns measuring our friends using our little pumpkins and will be making a class book, "_____ is ____ pumpkins tall!"
 
Pumpkin Day would not be complete without some pumpkin decorating!  I put out some sparkly paint, glitter, sequins, and glue and let the kids get to work.  Look at their beautiful creations!
Pinterest Inspiration found HERE from the http://www.theimaginationtree.com
 
So cute! :)
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Love it! We always do a pumpkin math day. The kiddos love getting their hands dirty! You can check out what we did on my blog at. 2ndisoutofthisworld@blogspot.com. I am a newbie too and saw your post on TBA on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pumpkin ideas! I am your newest follwer and new to blogging also. I would love for you to check out my blog!

    Kelly
    Thirsty Firsties

    ReplyDelete