Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome to Pre-K!

Thank you for visiting the first blog post of my new blog AND of the new school year!
 
I thought I would start things off by showing off my classroom - It's a work in progress but so far I love how it's turning out!
 
First off, my Meeting/Calendar Area
I was inspired this year by "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and used a preppy Pink & Green Polka Dot theme throughout my room
 

A close up of left side of my board with our class schedule in the purple pocket chart, rules of the classroom, Job Helper Chart (made from an old calendar and a lot of velcro!), colors, shapes, and a place to display our letter of the week, Oh and a "Chicka Chicka" tree of course!
 

 
The next area is to the right of my dry erase board.  It's basically my calendar and weather station.  I made the paper to hold all of our calendar numbers to avoid having to constantly dig around daily for each number.  I glued 2 pieces of green polka dot scrapbook paper together, laminated it, and added velcro (I use A LOT of velcro!)
 
 
My Word Wall is located in our library center.  I used the cutest "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" border and decals (found at Target) to embellish the board (We can't use paper - fire code).  I also added pink, green, and blue "poms" in the corner for added interest.

 
And finally... our birthday board!  I used scrapbook paper to create the pattern and divide the months.  Next I'll add each child's name, picture, and birth date!

 
Well, I hoped you enjoyed taking a sneak peak into my classroom! 
Wait until you see the bulletin board outside of my class! :)


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of a blog!!! !! Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete